Summer Recap: What did we do?
Published on July 31st, 2012 | by Caesar (Kuwait Music)
For those of you who are just getting back into Kuwait after a long hol or are starting to engage on the site after a while, we’ve listed all of the key activities we performed over the spring and summer that you may find interesting!
KM activity recap:
- Successfully met, interviewed and featured some uber-awesome music professionals in Kuwait including Ahmad Al Hamily’s interview with American country singer Kareem Salama, Fuad Murad, Freefall’s Humoud Al Humoud , Timothy Carr, and Big D.
- Held the first ever Kuwait Music author’s club meet
- Conducted the first ever “Most popular artist in Kuwait” poll to a mammoth response.
- Launched the all new Kuwait Music layout (Youre looking at it baby!)
- Launched “SCENE“, Kuwait’s first ever professional self-serve events listing portal
- Launched the “Frankie and Masoud” album review series to rave reviews.
What we are working on:
- Kuwait’s first ever “Music Union“, an exclusive club of passionate individuals that will work toward standardization, community creation, mentorship and lobbying for a music industry in Kuwait. Currently in the review and submissions phase.
- Partnering with an international record label to build Kuwait’s most powerful ever music hosting platform (like reverbnation and Soundcloud) for arabic musicians. (News will be revealed very soon!)
- Exciting new exclusive interviews coming up with aDawliah Electronics, DJ X – Director of Marina FM, Curtis Bennet- popular American Psy trance DJ
- Kuwait’s first ever live streaming party podcast, that will be broadcasted directly from Kuwait Music by DJ Bruce and DJ Eisa.
Please do share your feedback and ideas on what you think we can tackle!